Vye (vye.co.za) is a dynamic sports apparel brand based in Cape Town, that designs and manufactures premium cycling and running kit, both custom and retail. We have ambitious plans to grow our business and are looking for an enthusiastic sales assistant to join our dynamic team.
This person would report directly to the Marketing and Sales Manager and work
closely with the Brand (Social Media & Digital Marketing) Manager. Being a small dynamic team the incumbent will be expected to assume a high degree of
autonomy to interact directly with all facets of the business including Branding,
Marketing, Sales, Customers, Product Development, Design, Production, Accounts, as well as the company Directors.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a business that has big dreams in the
- Reporting to Sales and Marketing Manager, take responsibility for growing sales of Vye’s direct to consumer (off-the-rail) product ranges.
- Lead targeted, palpable, and proactive brand activation, marketing and sales using all available channels.
- Establishing effective coordination, communication and good rapport with Branding, Marketing, Sales, Design, Production and Accounting teams.
- Taking pride in the Brand and aligning to company Values, Purpose and Goals.
- A sports enthusiast with strong aptitude in sales, e-commerce and digital marketing.
- Proactive in all aspects of job
- Face of the Customer: Act as the face and voice of Vye by professionally managing phone calls and assisting walk-in customers.
- Website & Online Sales: Control Shopify e-commerce site including SEO and PPC initiatives to drive online sales. Create discount codes as required for abandoned carts, repeat orders, seasonal sales, etc.
- Distribution: Develop and drive regional distribution of off-the-rail sales.
- Presentation & Packaging: Assume final quality control before displaying finished goods. Order and ensure sufficient stock of printing / material for packaging & presentation. Pick, pack and ship goods from online sales.
- Showroom: Manage the general day-to-day running of the showroom facility.
- Inventory: Manage all finished stock / inventory, on the systems and on the shelf. Regularly take stock, update records, monitor and replenish accordingly.
- Budgets & Reporting: Assist to compile budgets and then work within budgets for all branding and marketing activities. Report on sales performance on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Branding: Create and run fun and engaging campaign ideas, such as collabs, giveaways, social media drives, Black Friday, etc. Manage sales and brand activation at events, expos, etc. Carefully select and nurture brand, ambassador & event affiliations that will best support the brand. Ensure brand identity and homogeneity across all collateral and platforms.
- Marketing: Drive and coordinate social media engagement via the Brand Manager, creating original and engaging content to attract the target market. Coordinate relevant marketing collateral from the Design team timeously for upcoming campaigns or events.
- Systems & Data Management: keeping accurate and up to date records on all software & repositories, including new platforms to be introduced.
- Coordination: Establish a strong communication protocol through proactively engaging and coordinating all activities from internal and external stakeholders required to generate sales, with acute awareness to turn around time.
- Customer Experience: Engage with customers to maximise customer experience and satisfaction, including managing surveys of same. Browse relevant forums to stay see what people are saying about the brand, engage privately if intervention required.
- Team Player: Contribute to new product development ideas, participate at or in photo shoots, exhibitions, new product launches, etc as required
- Active Ambassador: Actively and continuously represent the brand whilst out and about, wherever that may be: rides, runs, events, etc.
- Relevant degree, diplomas, certificates in branding, marketing or sales.
- Some knowledge or experience in sports or fashion brands would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (outlook, excel, word, etc) and Google Suite (sheets, docs, slides, etc).
- Highly digitally literate with ability to work effectively on a variety of media and software programmes.
- Good working experience in website and, social media applications
- Knowledge of inventory management software would be a bonus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, challenge driven and result oriented.
- Active outdoor lifestyle desired.
- Own transport
Salary will include a base salary plus commission, base salary to determined by
experience and qualifications.
In order to succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working in a dynamic
arena willing to do what it takes as a team player to excel the Brand.
If this profile rings true for you we would be excited to receive an updated CV, cover letter and portfolio addressed to email@example.com