Junior Graphic Designer
Vye (vye.co.za) is a dynamic sports apparel brand based in Cape Town, that
manufactures cycling and running kit, both custom and retail. We have ambitious plans to grow our business and are looking for an enthusiastic graphic designer to join our expanding team.
This person would report directly to the Creative / Design Director. Being a small
dynamic team will interact directly with all facets of the business including Branding, Marketing, Sales, Customers and Production. The role requires a high degree of autonomy.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a business that has big dreams in the
- Reporting to Design Director, whilst managing Graphics, Design & Printing team - lead efforts to enhance brand persona through creative design.
- Responsible for all designs of own product, custom product, branding collateral and marketing collateral.
- Establishing effective coordination, communication and good rapport with Branding, Marketing, Sales, Pattern Making, Printing & Production teams.
- Taking pride in the Brand and aligning to company Values, Purpose and Goals.
- Ideally a sports enthusiast with aptitude in digital marketing.
- Proactive in all aspects of job.
Responsibilities - Graphic Designer & Production Designer
- Product (R&D): Closely following product design trends and influencing creative design of product (creative design by Creative / Design Director) including material selection to ultimately generate a wow factor, unique selling point, or differentiate the brand.
- Design: all aspects of product surface design for new products and translating customer needs into top tier sportswear. Creating storyboards for product ranges.
- Coordination: coordinating all aspects from Sales to Production, with acute awareness to turn around time. Proactively engaging with other Designers and Printers. Embracing a strong communication protocol with all internal stakeholders.
- Customer Liaison: liaising with customer to ensure best Customer experience and satisfaction regarding product design.
- Branding: assisting with brand identity and homogeneity across all collateral and platforms.
- Customer & User Experience: seeking ways to enhance user experience with appropriate User Interface Design across all platforms.
- Systems & Data Management: keeping accurate and up to date records on all design and production software & repositories, including new platforms to be introduced.
- Team Player: Assist with product development, photo shoots, exhibitions, new product launches as required.
- Ambassador: Continuously represent the brand where appropriate whilst out and about, wherever that may be: rides, runs, events, etc.
- Relevant degree, diplomas, certificates in graphic design.
- Proficient in drawing & illustrating.
- Some knowledge or experience in sports brands & materials would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of CMT and processing would be beneficial.
- Active outdoor lifestyle desired.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English.
- Highly digitally literate with ability to work effectively on a variety of appropriate media and software programmes.
- Enthusiastic, challenge driven and result oriented.
- Own transport
Salary will be market related and determined by experience and qualifications.
In order to succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working in a dynamic
arena willing to do what it takes as a team player to excel the Brand.
If this profile rings true for you we would be excited to receive an updated CV, cover letter and portfolio addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org